May 19

John, son of Zacharias, [John the Baptist] said what My Forerunner [the Báb] hath said: “Saying, repent ye, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He [Jesus] that cometh after Me is mightier than I, Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear.” Wherefore, hath My Forerunner [the Báb], as a sign of submissiveness and humility, said: “The whole of the Bayán is only a leaf amongst the leaves of His Paradise.” And likewise, He saith: “I am the first to adore Him, and pride Myself on My kinship with Him.” And yet, O men, the people of the Bayán have acted in such a manner… This Wronged One hath, in the face of all religions, busied Himself day and night with the things that are conducive unto the exaltation of the Cause of God, whereas those men have clung unto that which is the cause of humiliation and injury. 
- Baha’u’llah  (‘Epistle to the Son of the Wolf’)